Sunday, August 20, 2017

PICKY, PICKY, PICKY

How many of you cook at home?  As a stay at home mom, I'm the primary cook in our household.  I've been married for 9 years and have a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.  Our family is complete.  I wasn't much of a cook when my husband and I got married.  We spent a lot of our first year or two eating out.  Along the way, I've learned a thing or two.  I'm not the best cook, but I think I could manage an award for most improved.  I love to bake and am a better baker then cook but my husband doesn't often get in the moods for sweets!  From my sweet tooth perspective, it's hard for me to even imagine!

If you have a sweet tooth like me, try this recipe here for these yummy looking banana caramel cupcakes pictured below!



Anyway, I sometimes find cooking a meal in our household frustrating.  My husband is a picky eater.... He hates tomatoes and doesn't like a lot of vegetables.  That limits a lot of easy meals!  And if any of you have children, you know how picky they can be from time to time.  I myself, am not a picky eater.  I like most foods.  Cooking in my house is definitely a challenge.



One of our favorite meals that we can all agree on, are TACOS!  Luckily we all love tacos in one form of another and that's an easy but delicious meal to make!


We also do indulge a little bit with takeout.  We have a family tradition of PIZZA FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT every Friday.  We usually pickup a couple of pizzas at a local pizza place or sometimes make them at home.  We get to eat dinner in the living room (which is not something we normally do) and watch a movie perfect for our little ones! Pizza isnt always the healthiest option but we've really enjoyed having a consistent family tradition each week that are our 5 year old son really looks forward too!



Do any of you deal with picky eaters or limited skills in the kitchen?  I'd love to hear any of your go to recipes or personal favorites?  Or tips with how to cook for picky people!?  Or maybe you have some fun family traditions you either grew up with or are incorporating into your family now?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin